November 2010 Election Resources
From Mobilize the Immigrant Vote
MIV Voting Recommendations
With input from community members, partner organizations, and allies, MIV has developed the following voting recommendations for the November 2, 2010 ballot:
Slate cards with voting recommendations available for download in 5 bilingual versions:
For detailed information on the propositions, please also download proposition one-pagers.
- Paid for by We Are California, sponsored committee of Mobilize the Immigrant Vote and Partnership for Immigrant Leadership and Action. 4100 Redwood Rd, Ste 10 #145, Oakland, CA 94619. FPPC# 1332307.
MIV has developed proposition 1-pagers for each of the 9 initiatives on the November 2, 2010 ballot. One-pagers include MIV's recommended position, summary of the changes proposed by the initiative, MIV analysis of impact on low-income immigrant and communities of color, and key supporters/opponents. Follow links below to read English versions.
- Prop. 19: Legalize Marijuana
- Prop. 20: Redistricting for Congress
- Prop. 21: $18 Vehicle Fee to Fund State Parks and Wildlife Programs
- Prop. 22: Local Revenue Protection
- Prop. 23: Dirty Energy
- Prop. 24: Tax Fairness Act
- Prop. 25: Majority Vote for an On-Time Budget
- Prop. 26: Supermajority Vote to Pass New Fees and Taxes
- Prop. 27: Elimination of State Commission on Redistricting
One-pagers are also available for download in English, Spanish, Chinese, Tagalog and Vietnamese. Each downloadable pdf contains one-pagers for all 9 propositions.
Voter's Rights Palm Cards
MIV voters' rights palm cards include the California Voter Bill of Rights and how to register/vote. Available for download in 5 bilingual versions:
The MIV Full Collabortive looks forward to seeing you at the polls and continuing to build the power and voice of our communities together!